Poor Knights Night Dive Special! 23rd March 2019
Or 6 payments of $33.33 What's this?
Join us for a special trip to the Poor Knights Islands Marine Reserve and experience the reserve in a way you've never seen before!
We're heading out for a couple of twilight/night dives on the evening of the 23rd March
Night diving is one of those 'must-do' activities for all divers, and what better place to experience this than the Poor Knights?
There is already a significant amount of interest in this trip so get in touch if you are interested so you don't miss out!
- Located just over 20km off the Tutukaka coast in Northland
- Made up of dozens of islands and protruding rocks and countless pinnacles that create perfect diving conditions
- Poor Knights is New Zealand's oldest Marine reserve
- Is often regarded as the best dive site in the country and one of the best sites in the world
- The Poor Knights are renowned for the diversity of life that is not seen anywhere else in New Zealand
- Dive sites range from shallow reefs to walls that drop further than 60 meters
- Ideal for divers of all levels, from beginner to seasoned divers
- Some sites during the late summer months are known to attract rare tropical species like Whale Sharks, Turtles, Tuna and other ocean going pelagics
- Common to see schooling Blue Maomao, schooling Demoiselles, Snapper, Kingfish, Eagle Rays, Sting Rays, Crayfish and Octopus
- Typically leave from Tutukaka Marina
- The Trip is approximately 30 - 45 minutes depending on the conditions
Minimum Equipment Requirement:
- Mask, snorkel, fins, boots
- Exposure protection
- Quick release weight system
- Scuba Unit: BCD, regulator, alternate air source,submersible pressure gauge (SPG), dive computer or RDP
- Surface signalling device - must be audible eg whistle
- Knife/cutting device
- You need to provide your own safety equipment, as required, to participate in the activity (eg. sunscreen/sun hat, water, torch, reel and SMB etc)
- We are happy to advise, please contact us if you have any queries.
- All trips are weather permitting and they require a minimum number to run. We reserve the right to cancel or change the destination of any trip to ensure customer and staff safety.
- Completion of Advanced Open Water course dives available on prior request.
- Full payment is essential when booking to secure your place on the boat (you can call us with your credit card details).
- We would appreciate as much notice as possible if you have to cancel your booking. If you cancel more than one week before the trip we will try to fill your space. If we cannot, then we reserve the right to retain 50% of the trip price.
- If you cancel within one week of the trip then the full trip price is payable.
- Ensure you bring appropriate certification cards for approved boarding as refusal may offend.
- You will have to sign liability release forms before leaving the shore.