Rainbow Warrior Wreck
Or 6 payments of $30.00 What's this?
Dive the former Greenpeace Flagship, the Rainbow Warrior in the Cavalli Islands
- The former Greenpeace vessel was fatally bombed by French 'saboteurs' whilst at anchor in the Waitemata Harbour in Auckland
- At the time she was leading the protest against nuclear testing in the Pacific
- She was raised and transported to the Cavalli Islands where she was intentionally sunk as an artificial reef in 1987
- 'The Warrior' now lies in the sand at approximately 26 metres
- There are large schools of Snapper, Blue Maomao, Kingfish as well as countless Demoiselles
- Recent trips have encountered pods of playful Dolphins during the dives
- Due to the Rainbow Warrior's history and the diversity of life in the area it has become one of the premier dive sites in New Zealand
- It should be on every divers 'bucket list'
- As it is a deeper dive, we require customers to have their Advanced Certification prior to diving, however this trip can be run in conjunction towards the Advanced Certification
- Typically leave from Whangaroa Harbour
- The boat trip is approximately 35-45 minutes depending on the conditions