Nomad XT Sidemount Rig
Or 6 payments of $233.33 What's this?
The Nomad XT is built with the ultimate streamlining in mind. A properly balanced sidemount rig should not require additional weight on the shoulders. Divers who wear heavy tanks or those just getting started with sidemount will often opt this older solution to resolve trim issues. Seeing this makeshift solution in the field, we redesigned our offroad sidemount rig with a new, wing design. Narrow at the neck and angled at the sides with more lift added to the bottom, the Nomad XT wing is designed to give lift where its most needed - at the hips.
We've also moved the inflator to the center, behind the neck and added an additional OPV to the bottom so divers who wish to swap these can now do so and retain an OPV dump at the bottom of the wing for safe gas dumping when inverted.
Made with a super-tough exterior and modular flexibility, the outer panels of the wing are engineered using SuperFabric® brand technology for optimum resistance to punctures and abrasions, while remaining very flexible.
In addition to its rugged exterior, the Nomad XT has the added benefit of being a modular system: the harness, wing, buttplate and crotch stap are all separate elements. This allows the traveling explorer (or any diver wishing to modify their rig) the ability to trade out wings, remove the buttplate or make any fit adjustments necessary to meet the objective of the dive mission.
A Gusset Control System (GCS) allows you to control lift when switching out various types of cylinders, such as going from steel to aluminum or twin tanks to single. Without the Gusset Control and without using the wing keepers on the waist belt, the Nomad XT delivers a full 50 lbs of lift.
The Nomad XT Sidemount Rig comes assembled and includes a TransPac XT harness, Nomad XT wing, buttplate and 2-inch crotch strap, plus loop bungees and chokers. Diver needs to specify TransPac size (M-XXL) when ordering. Available in single or dual bladder. Made in the U.S.A.
- TRANSPAC XT HARNESS available in sizes M, L, XL, XXL.
- WING is available as a single bladder or dual bladder
- Choice of 12-inch, 16-inch or 22-inch elbow corrugated hose along with either 15-inch, 22-inch or 27-inch low-pressure inflation hose. Common configuration is 16-inch corrugated hose with a 15-inch low-pressure inflation hose for an average 6-foot, 225lb man. Please adjust according to chest size, height and individual preference.
- BUNGEES: Loop bungees are standard with the Nomad XT
- CHOKER (BC2720-CHOKER) comes standard with two, nylon tank neck chokers to attach the Nomad bungee clip to and secure the bottle easily under the arm.
- Nomad weight Med: 9.375lbs (4.25kg), Lg: 9.625lbs (4.36kg), XL: 10.06lbs (4.56kg)
The Nomad XT Sidemount Rig is completely customizable as follows: