A big congratulations to Liz and Christian on completing their Hollis Prism 2 Tec CCR rebreather crossover course, They both have shiny new rebreathers ready and rearing for the coming seasons diving.
The Hollis Prism 2 is a fully closed rebreather driven by Shearwater electronics…which simply means that there are no bubbles and the rebreather will work very reliably to provide an extremely quiet and safe diving experience. Liz and Christian are both experienced rebreather divers and have chosen the Prism 2 because of it’s reliability, robust and light construction, ease of breathing and the local support – as the entire unit can be serviced and repaired in New Zealand.
Also, congratulations to Nick on completing his Hollis Explorer SCR rebreather crossover course. The Hollis Explorer is aimed at recreational divers and uses nitrox in a single cylinder as the supply gas. However, this light and simple to set up unit is packed with advanced features including:
- 3 oxygens cells to reliably maintain the correct gas in the loop.
- ability to change the set point to optimize the no decompression limits and gas use.
- A carbon dioxide analyser to warn against scrubber breakthrough.
- A srubber monitor stick to monitor the efficiency of the scubber canister.
- Auto draining counterlungs to remove any water which may have entered the loop.
- High performance bail out valve (BOV)
- Head up display and buddy warning lights to indicate if there are any problems.
- Vibrating mouthpiece a tactile warning of problems with the unit.
Kiwi Divers is proud to be the only dive center in New Zealand providing training, sales and service on both of these units with Technical Divers International (TDI).
We also provide both user and instructor level training on rebreathers up to advanced trimix.
For more information simply contact us or pass by the store to see the full range of rebreathers that we cater for.