This products Overview
The Apeks Tek3 Regulators are specifically designed for twin sets; each first stage is a one-sided mirror image of the other. Tek3 first stages are made for neater hose routing without excess ports, combined with the XTX50 which can be reversed too.
Popular With Tech Divers because of the Apeks heritage, the ability to customise and adapt your set-up and shear ruggedness of regulators that work in all environments. Apeks analysed tech divers and trimmed out any features that were superfluous.
Left and Right Handed first stages have angled ports that are made to route downward to allow for a streamlined configuration that avoids: snagging, crossing hoses and restricted access to your valves. Each first stage is tapped out of a single piece of metal with a unique over-balanced design that increases performance at depth.
Pneumatically Balanced second stage results in a smooth easy breathe that is user adjustable at depth. The two stage progressive purge button lets you better control how much gas is purged instead of just open and closed.
Active Microbial Protection on the second stage which actively kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae. Molded parts are impregnated with an additive that kills infective microbes that usually survive well in wet conditions.
Large Venturi Lever operates the pre-dive mechanism that redirects airflow inside a second stage to interrupt a freeflow.
- Connections DIN only
- Type of first stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- Body Type Compact, solid one piece body
- Number of HP ports 1 (7/16" UNF)
- Number of MP ports 3 (3/8" UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit Standard
- First stage exterior Chrome over marine brass
- Orientation Convertible LH or RH
- Coldwater Use Yes
- Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
- Opening Effort Control Knob Yes
- Integrated Venturi Lever Yes
- Mouthpiece Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 0.70 joules/liter
- Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box